Uses and Applications For the Federal Government
The Numobag® has numerous uses for government agencies involved in health care and emergency response.
• Chemical, electrical and heat burns
• Biological-warfare related lesions
• Lesions from smallpox, anthrax and other diseases
• Large numbers of infected people
• Infectious skin lesions
Numobag® may be used to:
• Contain biological, chemical and nuclear attacks
• Treat single or mass casualties
• Create an instant, disposable isolation unit
• Stop advancement of insidious forms of biological attack: dermal anthrax, smallpox, necrotizing fasciitis, etc.
• Heal large skin lesions
THOT® heals more often, faster and with less scarring than traditional treatment of skin wounds. It was used to treat 9/11 World Trade Center burn victims with favorable results. The U.S. military is currently using Numobag® in Iraq.
Advantages Over Traditional Treatment
Numobag® has many clinical, financial and patient-care advantages:
• Small and portable (weighs 1.7 pounds)
• Reduced staff workload
• Multiple patients treated simultaneously
• Decreased cost of overall treatment
• No cross-contamination
• Increases rate of healing
• Improved patient morale due to faster healing
• Heals advanced-stage pressure ulcers in record time
• Stimulates new blood vessel growth
• Lower cost per treatment than any other wound treatment method
• Validated to heal large skin lesions rapidly – 25 clinical studies in past 15 years support effectiveness
• Inexpensive and disposable isolation ward
• Front-line tool for reducing cross-contamination and infection of medical personnel
• Necessary for mass casualty treatment in critical initial wounds-care emergency
• Multiplies first responders’ efforts to reduce immediate overload
• Able to be stockpiled for years without maintenance or constant surveillance
During an effectiveness study, Numobag™ was found to be not only more effective than traditional treatments, but also notably more cost effective.